Interviewing is a universal experience, but it is no one’s job
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Data Science at Karat
As the principal individual contributor to data-driven insights at Karat, you would drive innovation in our understanding across the business. Working on the Data and Delivery engineering team you will help shape the future of how our company ingests, analyzes, and talks about data.
- Karat's interview platform allows us to develop a deep understanding of both clients' needs as well as the skills and qualities of the candidates we interview. As we collect richer data about the user interactions during each interview and client hiring decisions, you will strive to increase the signal captured in every minute of our interviews and maximize the value provided to clients.
- Ensuring Karat interviews are fair, meaningful, and efficient is a product and theoretical problem backed by mathematical analysis. In this role you will help reduce the cognitive burden on all participants in the interview process while improving the quality and predictivity of our interview content and IP.
- Karat's network of expert interview engineers poses unique supply and demand problems. You will help build the solutions to scale our platform to serve a constantly increasing number of interviews with a flexible network.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years work experience in data analysis and modeling
- Deep knowledge of statistics and rigorous analytical technique
- Experience with and a knack for communicating technical work to stakeholders
- Experience designing and refining machine learning models
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
- Experience constructing SQL queries (using Postgres or a similar platform)
- Comfortable in one or more (non-declarative) programming languages
- Experience interviewing / recruiting / hiring technical candidates will help you understand our business.