Data Scientist at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:20 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
The Data Scientist will help build, scale and maintain the entire data science platform. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding, hands-on experience in building Machine Learning models coming up with valuable insights, and promoting a data-driven culture across the organization. They would not hesitate to wrangle data, understand the business objectives and have a good understanding of the entire data stack. This position plays a key role in data initiatives, analytics projects, and influencing key stakeholders with critical business insights. You should be passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source Data Science technologies.
- Use Python and the vast array of AI/ML libraries to analyze data and build statistical models to solve specific business problems.
- Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
- Collaborate with researchers, software developers, and business leaders to define product requirements and provide analytical support.
- Directly contribute to the design and development of automated selection systems.
- Build customer-facing reporting tools to provide insights and metrics which track system performance.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field.
- Proficient with data analysis and modeling software such as Spark, R, Python etc.
- Proficient with using scripting language such as Python and data manipulation/analysis libraries such as Scikit-learn and Pandas for analyzing and modeling data.
- Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
- Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Graduated with a Master's degree or PhD in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field.
- 2+ years’ as a Data Scientist or related experience.
- Fluency in a scripting or computing language (e.g. Python)· Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams, and business audiences.
- Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our and our customer’s organizations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- At least 3 years of relevant work experienceAbility to write, analyze, and debug SQL queries.
- Exceptional Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Fluent in implementing logistic regression, random forest, XGBoost, bayesian and ARIMA in Python/RFamiliarity or experience with A/B testing and associated frameworksFamiliarity with Sentiment Analysis (NLP) and LSTM AI modelsExperience in full AI/ML life-cycle from model development, training, deployment, testing, refining and iterating.
- Experience with or willingness to learn tools such as Tableau, Apache SuperSet, Looker or similar BI tools.
- Knowledge of AWS Redshift, Snowflake or similar databasesFamiliarity with tools such as Airflow and Docker are a plus
- #AR; #US;
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Read Full Job Description