Data Solutions Architect at EagleView
EagleView, a leader in aerial imagery is growing, and requires a new modern data architecture to power our data-driven culture. We are actively building out our data team, and looking for accomplished thought leaders with a passion for delivering world-class data solutions.
As a Data Solutions Architect you will ensure our customers' data needs and pain points are addressed by crafting data solutions aligned with enterprise architecture principles, and generally "own" one or more data domains within the enterprise data strategy. This role will lead all project phases of design, development, and implementation of strategic data solutions that apply best practices and take advantage of modern, cloud native architectures.
- Play a significant role in the planning of one or more data domains within the overall data strategy and roadmap.
- Document current state of data architectures, and propose future state designs to conform data to common business concepts and definitions.
- Provide leadership in the process to organize the data into structures that will be best suited to support the analytical requirements.
- Propose Dimensional Data Model designs that align Data Domains within the Enterprise Model.
- Lead Data Profiling efforts and leverage data profiling tools
- Drive a consistent Data Understanding and Data Vocabulary throughout the enterprise and be a key thought leader in Data Governance programs, and management of Data
- Dictionaries, Data Literacy and Data Lineage efforts.
- Identify Business Data Owners throughout the enterprise, and promote Data Stewardship and Data Quality improvements.
- "Own" the business relationship for a Data Domain, and collaborate with business community to prioritize requests, and translate business needs into concise requirements, strategies and initiatives, and lead delivery efforts.
- Coach and mentor technical staff, solution/application architects & tech leads, identifies talent and ability for others to become architects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience as a Data Solutions Architect in designing and implementing Data Designs and Data Taxonomies for Data Assets managed in Data Lakes, Enterprise Data Warehouses, Operational Data Stores, Optimized Data Marts, and other analytic data repositories.
- 5+ years designing large-scale, enterprise data warehouses that conforms disparate data across multiple business functions and data silos into a cohesive, integrated design.
- 5+ years using Business Intelligence / Analytics tools (i.e., Power BI, Tableau, Looker), to build and/or re-engineer key reports using modern data architectures.
- 5+ years applying Dimensional Modeling and ER-Modeling skills (across multiple companies and industries preferred), and knowledge of ROLAP, MOLAP, and data aggregation strategies.
- Firm understanding of data design concepts such as Logical and Physical Data Models, 3NF, Denormalization, Data Domain identification, Master Data Management, Data Types,
- Data Classifications, Data Relationships, Star vs. Snowflake schemas.
- Experience with Data Modeling for REST APIs and microservices based architectures.
- Expert with SQL in writing and understanding advanced SQL queries and building SQL-based data manipulation / transformation logic to build conformed views of data.
- Experience with common database platforms such as SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Snowflake.
- Experience with Snowflake or similar cloud-based data warehouse technologies such as AWS Redshift or Google BigQuery preferred
- Understanding of ETL/ELT design paradigms, Change Data Capture approaches, and Batch and Streaming data ingestion capabilities, all designed for scale, performance, and resiliency.
- Deep understanding of Relational and NoSQL data solutions, and matching business requirements to appropriate data technical architecture.
- Experience with Data Security approaches, and data encryption in motion and at rest.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Collaborates and openly seeks and shares information across teams and departments.
- Takes initiative to complete critical tasks, and overcomes obstacles in a proactive manner.
- Works well in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Challenges the status quo to generate new ideas and build broad support through influence.
- Keeps informed on the latest technological approaches and trends in his/her technical field.