At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Data Visualization Editor joins PitchBook News to collaborate on producing high-impact, interactive visual content covering market trends and a wide variety of news topics across technology and the private markets. The ideal candidate is highly motivated to do data-driven storytelling using PitchBook data and other authoritative sources.
PitchBook's News team consists of writers and editors who produce compelling journalism with original insights. We shine a light on fascinating people, companies and market trends, leveraging our best-in-class datasets to engage our audience.
*Cover Letters are strongly preferred & recommended as a part of the application process within the News team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Pitch and produce original, insightful data-driven story ideas for breaking news, enterprise/original reporting, multimedia content, visualizations of data, short-form social posts and long-form digital print articles
- Collaborate with reporters, editors and designers to create high-quality data-driven journalism
- Contribute data-informed content for video and other multimedia projects
- Support daily news coverage and short-form content (including our newsletters) as warranted by breaking news
- Work with broader PitchBook editorial and research colleagues to identify and advance new projects or news innovations that tackle objectives of the news team
- Learn the back end of PitchBook's data platform and support the news team's efforts leveraging it
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years related content-production experience
- Strong visual storytelling skills
- Command of Tableau and Excel Data analysis
- Familiarity with D3 or other information design programs
- Familiarity with journalistic best practices
- Solid written and verbal communication
- Hitting deadlines, workflow management
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.