Project Archer is an Augmented Reality studio based in the Seattle area. We are a team of engineers, designers, innovators and creators dedicated to paving the way for augmented reality applications in the retail space. Our focus is on functional use cases that merge diverse data streams and personalized information with specific physical locations to create productive and entertaining immersive real-world shopping experiences.
What you’ll do:
Archer Cloud Platform is responsible for enabling the ability to provide smart and personalized interactive experiences to millions of customers. The Platform provides data and services necessary for UI teams to create supreme AR environments, and supports the research team to continuously improve the intelligence of our system. The Platform ingests data from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party sources, processes it, and builds the services on top of the data.
We are looking for a highly talented senior engineer to lead a team to build this real-time platform of high availability and flexibility.
- Lead a remote team to deliver features, while building a local team to move the knowledge in-house.
- Work with the architect and stakeholders to define and build a new global scale hybrid Archer Cloud Platform on corporate networks and on Azure. Migrate downstream services onto the new platform.
- Be responsible for the completeness and quality of deliverables including documentation, testing, and production.
- Be responsible for the platform operations.
- Implement best practices in multiple disciples including security, engineering and operation excellence.
- Promote data-driven approach to optimize platform experience.
- Mentor junior engineers.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of industrial experience in software engineering using at least one modern languages preferably C#, with 5+ years in leading design, development, and deployment of high availability multi-tier platforms and services.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful/JSON/XML.
- Hands on proficiency with Azure services.
- Industrial experience of operating 24x7x365 tier-1 services.
- Industrial experience of platform security including Authentication/Authorization, API Gateway, or SSL termination.
- Industrial experiences of CI/CD and applying within software development.
- Experience bridging on-premise services with services in Azure under tight security requirements
- Industrial experience of SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Industrial experience of Python.
- Knowledge of Unity.
As a Project Archer team member you’ll:
Continue to foster our environment built on our three pillars of success; contribution, collaboration and self-motivation. As a self-directed member of our growing team, you will get the chance to help shape the future of shopping and virtual reality while working along passionate like-minded engineers.