Director of Analytics, Global Payments
The Global Payments team sits at the heart of Expedia Group’s eCommerce engine. Nearly every customer booking made on 20 Expedia brands involves payments in or out of Expedia. The Global Payments Business Intelligence (BI) team is responsible for building, maintaining and improving Expedia Group’s entire payments analytics data ecosystem. This team’s work is linked directly to the booking checkout experience across all of Expedia Group’s consumer-facing brands as well as its global network of travel partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a highly visible global Analytics team and to be on the front lines of delivering new analytic insights, innovative data products and self-service tools to global stakeholders. In this role you will join the Payments BI leadership group and play a critical role in advancing Expedia’s data and analytics capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced Analytics leader who can help the team deliver on our ambitious 2020 vision while growing and building a highly skilled and engaged team. This means being responsible for:
1) Delivering meaningful business insights, analytics consulting and education to our global stakeholder community
2) Delivering highly leveraged set of BI products on the topics of payment product performance, operational efficiency and risk management
3) Developing and maintaining strong data-driven culture within and outside our division
To achieve this, you will partner with key stakeholders across the company to ensure that our data strategy provides the reporting and analytical capabilities required for our products, test and learns, operational processes and for our customers. Finally, you will be responsible for scaling a geographically dispersed team – to improve the quality of our solutions, to increase the speed of delivery and innovation, and to ensure cost leverage during a time of exponential growth in data and analytical needs.
- Passion for improving business outcomes through data and analytics
- Strong analytical, problem solving & general management skills
- Deep understanding of BI, analytics, integration & data governance
- Experience in building/evolving BI & data management solutions across multiple business areas
- Practical knowledge of advanced analytic methods, principles of data science and Machine Learning
- Experience leading teams building and delivering advanced analytics projects including predictive models
- Ability to drive multiple initiatives, product roadmaps, and support strategy, engineering, and operations
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology and experience leading Agile BI teams
- Ability to influence and manage relationships across the organization even where no direct line of reporting exists
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities, including the ability to develop and motivate high-performing teams
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to drive the business intelligence vision across his/her team & the business
- Willingness to challenge the status-quo and lead change efforts to drive operational excellence, creativity, and innovation
- Experience with big data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, HBase Spark etc.
- 10+ years of analytics experience with 5+ in management capacity
- Passion for Results: Drive high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Compelling Communication and Influence Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; commit to an action after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; proactively and quickly make sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draws from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Masters degree preferred
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.