Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a high growth, Series B, consumer technology company. Our vision is to make great technology accessible to everyone through our smart home platform. Our aim is to serve everyday people, like me, you, and our friends and families, with too good to be true products and services. We want employees who will be inspired by this and welcome all who will help us build the next amazing chapter at Wyze.
Wyze is home to some of the most innovative products and services in the market. Time Magazine selected us for their 100 Most Influential Companies of 2022, Fast Company named us as one of the Most Innovative Companies in 2021 and PCMag gave our Cam v3 an Editor’s Choice Award. We disrupted the market with our Wyze Cam v1 and then quickly took over as a market leader in the space. We recently disrupted it again with our revolutionary Cam Plus Pro service. GeekWire calls us a start-up to watch and one of the Pacific Northwest’s next unicorns… and we are just getting started.
Our people centric innovative vision is not only present in our products and services, but it is also embedded in the fabric of our company. We were just listed in the Top 100 Best Places to Work by Built in Seattle, listed as one of their Best Midsize Companies to Work For and awarded as one of their Companies with the Best Benefits. Seattle Business Magazine certified us as a Best Places to Work too!
We value the unique life experiences every employee brings to work every day. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment whereby our employees are encouraged to be their authentic whole selves and are rewarded for their impact across the company. Everyone is welcome and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Our stance on workplace flexibility:
For most roles, we support a 100% remote work environment for applicants who reside in the following states: California, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
Come join us and make the impossible, possible!
Why You will make an impact:
You are passionate about IoT and our products and mission. You would like to make an impacting change to people’s lives. Building products that becomes an integral part of our daily lifestyle.
A Look Inside the Role...
To apply for this role, you should be comfortable in leading a team of engineers to design, build and optimize the Data Infra of our large scale, integrated self-service data platform to support company-wide BI and Analytics and enable intelligent and insightful decision making. Strong communication, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills will be crucial. You should be a pro in data warehouse architectures, data models, data governance and ETLs, and have knowledge in data science and business analysis. In this role you will also coordinate with the business units to identify new data requirements, analysis strategies and reporting mechanisms. Work with the business units to improve business operations and software development.
- Lead data engineering team to design, build and optimize the Data Infra of our large scale, self-service Data Platform to support company-wide BI and Analytics.
- Lead every step of the data engineering life cycle from the raw data source to the data warehouse then to the data insights
- Lead data model building to provide single-source-of-truth data marts for analytics.
- Be responsible for User Management and Data Governance to ensure data privacy and system security
- Lead team to collaborate with PMs, analysts and data scientists from different business units to achieve complete BI and Analytics solutions.
- Manage data engineering team with project management
You already have these qualifications and love what you do:
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience of scalable analytical data warehouse architecture design
- Experience of software development including design and implementation
- Experience with data models, ETL data pipelines and pipeline workflow management
- Experience with container development environment (Kubenetes, Docker)
- Knowledge of Business Analytics and Data Science
- Streaming data processing (e.g Kafka, Kinesis)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Bonus points if you can say yes to any or all of the following:
- Experience with AWS EKS and Snowflake
- Experience with Airflow
- Ability to adapt to shift priorities and timelines by exercising keen judgment
- Self-motivated individual who can set and meet simultaneous short- and long- term goals
- Experiences with Agile project management and people management
- Experiences working with different business teams
- Big data experience (Hadoop, MapReduce, HBase, Spark)
Wyze has a full benefits package through Premera Blue Cross. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, EAP, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, FSA, and Daycare FSA. Employee premiums will be paid 100%, and 80% paid premium for dependents.
12 Holidays - 8 set holidays and 4 Floating Holidays for you to use however you choose
24 days of PTO every year
Additional Wyze anniversary vacation days
Principal 401k Plan - there is no company match at this time
Wyze employee product perks: When Wyze employees join, you will have the opportunity to select up to three products to try (pending availability based on inventory).
Employees will also have the opportunity to sign up for Wyze software services once they are launched.
We also have a generous employee discount on Wyze products.
Rosetta Stone reimbursement if you'd like to learn Mandarin
$50 a month reimbursed as a technology stipend - taxes apply
Come Join Us!
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze, then we want to hear from you! Please send us a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do and how you feel they could apply to our vision and projects here at Wyze!
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at [email protected]
Lastly, and exceptionally important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion here at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!