Director of Data Science and Analytics at Varsity Tutors
Overview of Position
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning or other quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years experience building data products including 5+ years managing data scientists
- 5+ years experience with mixed data skills and methodologies (analytics and data science).
- Experience with two or more of the following: Bayesian reasoning, Natural Language Processing, speech processing, classification, ranking systems, recommendation systems.
- Passion to translate business objectives into loss metrics and actionable analyses.
- Strong analytical intuition and business acumen balancing scientific rigor and practical application
- Own vision and roadmap for data products at Varsity Tutors
- Hire team analysts and scientists focused on the span of causal inference activities (experimentation and modeling)
- Lead an analytics team that partners both on delivering short-term requests with high expectations on SLAs to broader strategic projects with complex deliverables
- Provide deep technical guidance and mentorship
- Ensure access to high quality data and consistent metrics (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.