Director of Data at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:52 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, December 19, 2019
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
Auth0 is seeking a Director of Data to help lead and manage a team of data engineers and data scientists. You will lead this team on qualitative and quantitative projects reporting to the VP of Engineering. This technical leadership role will oversee the growth of our highly productive teams of smart and engaged engineers.
We prefer candidates located in the Bellevue, WA or San Francisco, CA areas.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with our Team Leads, Engineering Directors and VP of Engineering to lead, build, and scale our Data Organization to meet our customer, product, and data warehouse needs
- Oversee Data Engineering and Data Science from source discovery, to ingestion, refinement and modeling
- Be the internal facing lead for Data, building partnerships with other teams and challenging their assumptions
- Work with business partners to clarify requirements when necessary to create both high level and low level design documents while communicating team capabilities and engineering priorities across the organization
- Lead and develop a mix of new and seasoned engineers and managers running widely distributed teams
- Operate in a time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines; appropriately prioritize the short and long term paths based on an Agile development process
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis of market trends and competitive landscape to highlight improvements, growth opportunities and new markets
- Identify and vet new technologies that can be used by your team and other teams by examining best practices from tech giants and competition
- Provide operational excellence and implement processes and policies that create efficiencies during a time of massive growth
- Define and execute engineering and company wide Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
What You Bring
- 7+ years of experience in leading data teams focused on data infrastructure and warehouse in a dynamic environment
- Prior experience in a fast-paced and high-growth company strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of data security, compliance, database schema design, and engineering best practices
- Proven experience leading and developing high-performing widely distributed (global) data teams
- Experience in UNIX, SQL, Python, Redshift, AWS, and a statistical package, such as R, R Studio, SPSS or Stata, and can advise on statistical significance
- Successful experience managing a department budget and resources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Some travel will be required (US and International)
- Pacific Time Zone (UTC−8 or within 4 hours). Bellevue, WA and San Francisco, CA preferred.
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description