Director, Global Product – Business Intelligence and Data
Egencia -- Expedia Group business travel -- is one of the top Travel Management Companies (TMCs) in the world. We provide innovative business travel solutions and local customer service in 65 countries. We are a great place for exceptional people who share our real passion for tech and travel to do their best work.
Egencia is rewriting the book on how companies and their employees arrange travel. Unique in the market, we operate like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up, backed by one of the world’s largest travel groups, Expedia Group.
Our business intelligence and data platform provides reporting and analytics for our global customers and new product initiatives. We are looking for a product management leader to drive our global client business intelligence and analytics product roadmap.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implement analytics strategy to meet internal BI requirements and insights that impact customers
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders, including VPs and disciplined groups including Product, Account Management, Finance, Marketing, Supply and Customer Services to define overall vision, objective, and approach for analytics workstreams
- Work closely as a product leader with agile development teams to ensure successful launch of new products to market
- Partner with internal project/product managers to define measurement and analytical recommendations for projects and products
- Work with product/project managers to understand their business needs/goals and develop measurement plans to measure core KPI’s and optimize the initiatives to drive better performance
- Lead the measurement and optimization activities for your stakeholders utilizing best practices from the full range of the analytical techniques, data visualization, forecasting and predictive analytics.
- Analyze transactional, behavioral and attitudinal data and leveraging that data to better understand and improve the platforms, services, and overall service
What You Will Bring:
- Innovation, a strategic perspective, a passionate voice, and an ability to prioritize and execute on a fast-moving set of product priorities, competitive pressures, and market opportunities
- You have experience leading a team, mentoring junior members, inspiring the team by defining and communicating a vision and process
- You bring data Warehouse Platforms experience; Teradata and Hadoop highly desired
- Exposure to the BI/Analytics tools/languages such as Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview, R, Python, SQL, Excel
- You have a solid understanding of agile mindset, knowledge of test, measure, and learn
- Experience of predictive analytics, forecasting, and machine learning is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus, finance background a plus
- 10+ years of program/product management experience
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.