Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are a strong technical leader, passionate about optimizing operations and improving the experience of Convoy’s carriers, shippers, and operations teams. You want to partner across organizations (finance, operations, product, sales, and data science) to align plans and deliver best-in-class service through better staffing. You are an experienced manager, a thought leader with a vision for how to leverage data science to optimize every aspect of a business, and a collaborative partner excited about working cross-functionally to drive rapid change. You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and are excited to help Convoy drive both service and cost. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is the role for you!
- Build and head the capacity planning, workforce management, and analytics teams from the ground up.
- Define and execute a strategy to help Convoy’s workforce scale through long-term planning, medium-term capacity planning, and real-time workforce management solutions.
- Partner with Finance, Product, Data Science, and Operations to build better forecasting models, optimize scheduling, and enable Operations teams to shift resources nimbly.
- Build better metrics, data visualization, and deep dive tools to provide insights and enable operations leadership to more effectively run the business.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Operations, Finance, Engineering, or other quantitative field; Masters degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in data science, operational forecasting, staffing, and scheduling
- 2+ years of experience managing data scientists/analysts
- Experience building and scaling strategic and cross-functional teams from the ground up
- The ability to break down complex business problems into concrete data-driven solutions
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, defining key business metrics; proficiency in SQL and some statistical tools strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Proven organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Experience working directly with business teams to drive results; bonus for experience in Operations or Customer Support
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!