Director of Strategy, eCP at Expedia Group
Expedia Group’s e-Commerce Platform (eCP) is at the heart of travel. eCP’s technology and operations platforms power online travel worldwide. Our technology teams are diverse – building and maintaining foundational systems and infrastructure that enable booking, changing, and cancelling travel transactions. Our business operations include customer care, global payments, and security.
As the Director of Strategy you will work closely with senior leadership to drive the strategic vision for eCP and facilitate strategy execution in partnership with eCP’s technology, product management and business operations teams. You will independently lead cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate, and catalyze critical strategic priorities. This is a highly visible team with the opportunity to craft the future of eCP.What you will do:
- You will lead high-impact strategic initiatives, tackling complex problems and crafting solutions that drive scale for our business
- You'll continually build knowledge of meaningful industry developments and practices across technology, e-commerce, platform and travel domains, establishing yourself as a key thought partner
- You will partner with the strategy team and senior leadership to define eCP's long-term strategy and establish a multiyear plan of strategic investment priorities
- You'll actively identify and analyze sources of growth and improvement opportunities for eCP and Expedia Group
- You will lead, coach and develop a small team of strategy managers
- You are an excellent critical thinker and problem solver
- You see the "big picture" while also driving detailed analyses
- You are analytically rigorous and have exceptional quantitative and qualitative skills
- You consistently deliver results through complex cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent communicator, influencer, and relationship builder
- You develop and deliver strong executive presentations and work closely with senior management
- You create a team environment where people thrive
- You are passionate about continuous excellence
- You are a creative thinker with initiative and the ability to work independently
- You continuously learn and improve
- Your attention to detail is strong and consistent
- You motivate colleagues and demonstrate maximum integrity
- You have a bias to action with a voracious get-it-done attitude
- You are comfortable with high pressure situations and ambiguity
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a top-tier management consulting firm is a must
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a technology and platform business desired
Expedia Group recognizes that our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo
*LI-CW1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.