Do you believe that the best products are built by teams who focus on understanding user behavior?
Do you dream of working in a dynamic, iterative environment where research insights can have an immediate impact on a product’s user experience?
If so, then consider Expedia Group!
EG is a diverse and inclusive organization. As a team, we focus on a drive for results. We are looking for experienced and thoughtful user research leaders with proven skills and the desire to lead hardworking researchers and to impact decisions in a powerful, agile environment.
We believe that observations are key, that understanding the “why” is critical.
We're looking for a Director of User Research leader who can embrace our research philosophy and excel at delivering research insights.
What you will do
- Define a vision for the work that your team will perform.
- Guide your team as they work independently to accomplish research using a variety of methods including field studies, lab testing, remote testing, and more.
- Collaborate with executives, product and UX teams to understand business objectives and priorities and to ensure research efforts result in substantial improvements to benefit users.
- Plan, design, and lead research strategy that enlightens business, marketing, product and design decisions for a core division of Expedia Group.
- Work closely with multi-discipline partners across multiple teams to clearly define and prioritize user research needs and guide efforts to execute on vital research.
- Provide support and mentorship to a hardworking team of user researchers.
- Actively find opportunities to improve the user experience across several product areas
- Be accountable for ensuring quality of the user research space across Expedia Group
Who you are
- A doer and an influencer with an ability to lead and clarify lateral thinking across multi-discipline teams
- Experienced and impassioned while leading highly productive individuals
- Proven project management capability and capacity to strike a balance between short term, tactical efforts and long term, strategic efforts
- A natural curiosity that leads you to always wonder how and why people use our products the way they do
- Practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and the ability to articulate and visualize the results
- Self-aware and seeking to be your best self while finding common ground and building rapport with your peers
- More than 10 years professional experience, with at least 7 years’ experience working with product teams and UX designers on software interfaces
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- BS degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas (Master’s degree a plus)
- Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors or Ergonomics, Cognitive/Experimental/Behavioral Psychology, or other related field preferred
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.