Energy Market Analyst - Europe
LevelTen seeks a dedicated, experienced professional to contribute to the company’s perpetual data analysis efforts. The employee will be responsible for supervising and facilitating the integration, improvement, and maintenance of LevelTen’s European renewable energy analytics platform. The manager/analyst will work collaboratively with the VP of Analytics, other members of the analytics team, and the LevelTen software team to ensure analysis is accurate and of the highest standards. This position may also require the creation of ad hoc, custom analysis for customers utilizing LevelTen’s data warehouse and other data as required. Employee efforts will play a key role in helping LevelTen create next-generation technology products. This position operates out of the Seattle headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining extremely thorough understanding of LevelTen contract valuation and risk assessment methodologies pertaining to solar, wind, storage, and potentially other technologies as they become relevant. Knowledge will span:
- Financial concepts - contract for differences, discounted cashflow analysis, value at risk, as examples.
- Wholesale energy markets – Structure and composition of European energy markets, how and why energy is priced the way it is.
- Renewable energy technology – factors that solar project output, wind turbine power curves, storage value, etc.
- Assisting the software team in buildout of automated analytics.
- Performing flawless ad hoc scenario analysis as requested by customers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years experience working in the energy/utility industry, with a strong preference for experience working in European markets. Renewables, sustainability or clean-tech experience is a plus.
- A solid, fundamental understanding of energy markets.
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM of finance/economics area of study, receiving high marks across the board.
- An excellent statistical skillset.
- Experience with SQL queries.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Coding experience with an emphasis on python is a plus.
- Tableau experience is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity and a commitment to building groundbreaking new products with a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability to work productively in a team setting.
- A natural bias for action and an ability to operate independently.
- The highest level of integrity and professionalism.
Benefits / Perks
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- 10 paid company holidays
- Flexible vacation policy
- Awesome location in Fremont, outside of the downtown Seattle chaos, with a deck overlooking Lake Union
- Casual dress code
- Onsite bike lockers/storage, gym and showers
- Standing desk options
- Monthly company-sponsored happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
Why Work Here?
Put simply, we believe in Instigating Progress, Self Belief, Professionalism and a Bias For Action. If these resonate with you, let's talk!
LevelTen Energy is the safest and most cost-effective way for corporate and institutional (C&I) customers to procure wholesale renewable energy through power purchase agreements (PPAs). LevelTen Energy created the industry’s first renewable energy procurement platform built to reduce the cost, complexity and risk of renewable energy PPAs by connecting buyers and sellers through analytics, aggregation and process best practices. By bringing liquidity and transparency to renewable power markets, LevelTen is mobilizing untapped corporate clean power demand and decarbonizing the grid more rapidly.