Knock is looking for an Engineering manager to lead our analytics platform team! In this role you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact by building the foundation for the future of Knock’s analytics platform. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of our analytics platform and product, managing the team building it, and providing hands-on technical leadership.
Your strong people management skills will help us build out and lead a team of fast paced engineers, who will develop, implement and operationalize the data platform roadmap. Come help us be the most data focused company in the multifamily industry!
The Engineering and Product teams consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry. The Engineering Manager, analytics, will manage a team of three initially, and will report to the VP of Engineering.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. It was disorganized, time consuming, and frustrating. It seemed landlords were stuck in the past and didn’t understand how to use technology to their advantage. But the problems and solutions seemed obvious to us, and we had a vision for what a better experience should be. After validating our insights with a few early customers (who became investors) we got to work partnering with real estate companies to deliver on turning that vision into reality.
Five years later, we have helped our property management customers find apartments for millions of renters. We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In March of 2019 we announced we raised a $10m Series A round to continue to accelerate growth and product development, led by Madrona Venture Group: https://www.geekwire.com/2019/madrona-leads-10m-round-knock-crm-communications-service-apartment-landlords/
In January 2020 we were honored to receive recognition as one of Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work by BuiltIn Seattle: https://www.builtinseattle.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-seattle-2020
In May 2020 we announced we raised a $12m Series B round to continue on the path of growth, led by Madrona Venture Group, with partners from Lead Edge Capital and Seven Peaks Ventures:https://www.geekwire.com/2020/product-built-times-like-seattle-startup-knock-raises-12m/
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Day - to - Day:
- Develop and own the technical roadmap for our analytics platform
- Build, manage, and lead a team of direct reports who will develop and operate the analytics platform
- Work with other leads and cross functional teams to collaborate on partnerships in order to achieve company goals
- Drive existing and new projects for reporting and analytics
- Contribute to the technical development of the analytics platform
- Contribute to a culture of technical excellence across the engineering organization
- People management or team leadership experience
- Programming / Engineering background
- Experience processing and serving up big data sets with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Familiarity with Python or another high-level programming language
- Good understanding of SQL engines and ability to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (such as Airflow or Kafka)
- Strong attention to detail, performance and quality
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- Category-creating company, enthusiastic customers, ambitious roadmap, industry leading products, comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box, great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Work from home (optional 2x per week)
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Stock options
- We like to do fun things together! (Virtual for now!) Conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
- Parental leave program
- Gym Membership (On hold due to COVID-19)
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered!
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the Knock team
- Plus free lunch on Fridays! (When we are back in the office)
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.