Global Forecast & Planning Analyst
Expedia Group is one of the top consumer e-commerce businesses and the largest online travel service in the world. The Global Forecast and Planning Analyst will be an active member of our dynamic, fast paced team based globally across the world.
The Global Forecast and Planning Analyst will build and maintain forecast models to guide and inform stakeholders around impacts to the operation and Expedia Group’s strategic plan and will provide valuable day to day insights to leadership teams. The successful individual must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize and own deliverables end to end. This individual must be extremely business/customer focused, able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, and able to proactively handle delivery of high-quality outputs in a dynamic work environment with ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
What You'll Do:
- You will develop a deep understanding of Expedia Group’s relationship with travelers and suppliers, and of back-end processes that define resource requirements
- Coordinate and develop collaborative research and analysis using methodologies
- Identify business needs, and independently evaluate existing assumptions and processes
- Develop and maintain forecast models for complex back-office teams using available data to inform leadership decisions
- Analyze and measure the impact of changes in the operations by gathering and synthesizing relevant data including operational metrics
- Design models to solve complex business problems and lead integration of the insights into operational reporting
- Serve as a center of excellence for trusted insight and analysis to support both strategic initiatives and ad hoc business needs
- Communicate informed conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership and operational managers that is tailored to the needs and requirements of the audience in both various formats
- You will support weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews covering operational metrics to include performance against stated objectives
- Some international business travel may be required
Who You Are:
- Inquisitive self-starter who can work independently to turn vision into results
- Demonstrated aptitude for business problem identification, pattern recognition, data collection, data preparation, and independent problem solving
- Strong attention to detail combined with high-level vision
- Positive attitude and flexibility when faced with fast-paced, complex challenges
- Excellent strategic thinker and business skills and a passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence across a matrixed organization, regardless of job levels
- You have proven to help cultivate strong working relationships and working well within a team to learn and share knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to comprehensively and clearly present strategic issues and solutions to senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to ensure timely task management and delivery
- Experience using a workforce optimization system (preferably Aspect WFM/WFO 8.0+)
- Work experience and education guidelines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3 plus years of experience in conducting analysis and managing initiatives for change in an operational environment
- 3 plus years of experience in workforce management building and managing forecast models
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with enterprise reporting tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience working with data in a back-office environment
- Experience working in an environment focused on continuous improvement
- Experience manipulating large datasets and producing presentations is required
- Experience working in a multinational and / or virtual office environment preferred
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.