Global Research Expert Team Leader
The Research Services team is a significant business unit of Qualtrics that provides a wide range of services for our customers’ research projects, both academic and corporate. We’ve executed more than 40,000 projects that provide compelling insights into the decisions and research our customers undertake. With 40%+ year over year growth, we’re on a rocketship growth trajectory. Ready to climb aboard? If our Research Services unit were a stand-alone market research company, we’d be among the top 15 largest MR firms (and growing steadily as we continue to disrupt the traditional approach to research).
As our Research Services business grows, finding a strong leader for our Global Head of Research Experts (RX) team is increasingly critical. The Global Head of the RX team will have direct management responsibility for several critical teams and functions:
- XM Scientists - supporting full-service projects (both pre-sales and post-sales) with industry recognized subject matter expertise on best practices and methodology
- Research Managers - consulting clients on research best practices and methodology and supporting execution on projects during the full lifecycle
- Research Analysts and Specialists - create and review client deliverables including front-end design and back-end analysis.
As Global leader of our Research Experts team, your success will be determined by four key metrics:
- Support for aggressive revenue targets (as an enabler of the quota-carrying sales team)
- Attainment of profitability goals (as measured by contribution margin)
- Assurance of high levels of quality and customer satisfaction (as measured, in part, by NPS)
- Engagement of team members (as measured by engagement metrics and retention goals)
We care deeply about our people at Qualtrics. As a senior leader, you will have the opportunity to shape and guide the happiness and development of extremely capable professionals at both the junior and senior level. You will have a large focus on growing and supporting the team, especially as it relates to research methodology, project ownership, client support, operational optimization, and career progression. Most of your direct reports will be team leaders and managers, but your scope includes 2nd employees. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Provide coaching and mentorship to guide career development.
- Accurately evaluate the performance of team members & provide direct and actionable feedback.
- Manage team capacity, forecasting, organizational structure, and resource allocation.
- Exceed aggressive hiring goals by developing new strategies, interviewing candidates, and utilizing LinkedIn to source and recruit candidates.
- Lead the collaboration and definition of the ‘Qualtrics Way’ for full-service research projects, including both research methodology and operational service delivery.
- Design and/or implement innovative global and scalable research processes that increase efficiency and improve both employee engagement and client experience.
- Communicate team impact and results to key stakeholders and act as an advocate for the team within Qualtrics.
- Oversee team execution of Research Services projects and initiate new strategies to ensure that projects are run smoothly, timely, and thoroughly.
- Understand key job functions of the Research Experts team to assist on project escalations and effectively train and communicate with the team.
- Train the team on key topics, including methodology, product usage, research best practices, professional communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
- Ensure customers are happy with their experience with our team and help drive increased NPS scores.
- Rationalize the usage and role of third-party suppliers and partners in the research project lifecycle.
- Work closely with global cross-functional counterparts to identify and drive initiatives. Ensure that regional offices in EMEA and APC especially feel connected and integral to a global team.
- Execute strategic team-wide and department-wide initiatives with our Global Head of Operations.
- 8+ years of leadership experience with proven ability to build and lead teams using concrete and measurable results
- 8+ years in a research industry or role either within an internal client or with an external research agency.
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, unstructured, and highly competitive environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and pleasantly through both written and spoken mode
- Ability to prioritize and to think strategically to set and meet aggressive goals
- Bachelor’s degree from a selective university
- Masters or Ph.D. degree from a top-tier university
- 1-2 years of experience in the SaaS (Service as a software) industry