Navigating Cancer is the pioneer in patient relationship management software and services for cancer care. The company has developed the first patient-centered oncology platform that improves the care delivery model for patients, providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers and payers. By putting patients at the center of their care, providers become economically viable in value-based payment models, payers and at-risk providers reduce the total cost of cancer care, and pharmaceutical manufacturers improve medication adherence for their life-saving treatments. Most importantly, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and preferences.
The company is backed by industry-leading patient satisfaction ratings and currently supports over a million patients, thousands of care providers, dozens of pharmaceutical manufacturers, and several payer models nationwide to lower costs, improve patient satisfaction, and drive better outcomes.
As our Healthcare Data Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting & implementing complex big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms. You will be a key contributor in influencing infrastructure and big data platform decisions. Collaborating closely with peers in the Product, Engineering & Data Sciences team, you will also be at the forefront of developing prototypes and proof of concepts for various lines of businesses. Your work will impact the way cancer patients experience Navigating Care.
The Successful Candidate
- Extremely strong skills in at-least one programming and scripting language (Java, Python, Scala, Julia, Stata, Ruby, R).
- Has built large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines using technology such as Airflow, Spark, AWS Big Data stack, Cloudera, HortonWorks,H20.
- Developing with high volume heterogeneous data, Hadoop based technologies like MapReduce, Hive, Cassandra, Hbase and Impala.
- Experience with AWS Services (Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, S3, Glacier, DynamoDB), Parquet/Avro/ORC.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Shows a preference for standard, well supported tools over in house, custom solutions.
- Experience with one or more data analytics and visualization packages.
- Expert knowledge of scaling and tuning SQL and NoSQL systems.
- Familiarity with DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Ansible, Hashicorp, Jenkins, etc.)
- Deep understanding of how algorithms work and have experience building high-performance algorithms
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments and work well under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, process development, facilitation and organizational skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, MIS, Statistics, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Work in cross functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in building and sustaining similar solutions, preferably in the healthcare industry.
Nice to have:
- Experience building and querying from a variety of electronic health records systems.
- Prior experience in regulated industries with high Data Quality and Governance standards.
- Basic knowledge of the medical terminologies, messaging standards, healthcare coding systems.
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! You get to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is a full time, on-site, with the Navigating Cancer team, in our downtown Seattle office. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment. Come join our team and make a difference!
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.