iQ R&D Manager at Qualtrics
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!About the Role
We are looking for a leader to drive our Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence R&D and productization efforts. Our goal is to enhance the Qualtrics experience by integrating ML and AI (“iQ”) features that deliver personalized capabilities and insights across a wide array of products and use cases, creating a sustainable competitive advantage from the unique value of Qualtrics data.
As the leader of this team, you will guide a group of Research Scientists and ML Engineers to ideate, experiment, implement new platform features — and improve existing ones — leveraging state-of-the-art techniques in natural language understanding, predictive modeling, anomaly detection, and other relevant ML and AI technology. You will balance significant long-term R&D investments with short-term product deliverables, and partner with product management and company leadership to ensure alignment against strategic and tactical goals. You will develop, mentor, and coach the team, helping to foster a culture of rigor, ownership, learning and teaching, and fun.
Working with senior leaders, you will evangelize ML and AI technology capabilities, and help develop a process for consulting, educating, evaluating, and implementing across the larger organization. You will provide thought leadership about proper use of ML and AI, and lead the strategy, design, and implementation of scalable processes for model development, validation, and implementation.
You will partner with other senior leaders to build an efficient organization strategy and make key investment and prioritization decisions to execute against our multi-year product and company vision. You may sometimes serve as an external voice of the company, clearly articulating the company’s vision to technical and business audiences, helping to establish the company as a market leader.Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering with 7+ years of industrial experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Consistent record of progressive data science and ML/AI experience, with 3+ years in a leadership position leading teams that designed, developed, and launched complex AI solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ideally including experience interfacing with other teams and functions in a fast-paced business environment
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, motivating, growing, and retaining talented Research Scientists and ML Engineers
- Experience in conducting state-of-the-art research, algorithm and system design, and applying novel techniques to live production systems; a track record in top journals or conferences is a plus
- Familiar with one or more deep learning frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet
- Experience with large-scale computing platforms, e.g. Spark, Hadoop