Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Position
As we build the future of consumer insurance in a modern age, data is at the core of everything that we do. The role requires team members who are adept at building software tools to move and organize data with an approach that is rooted in improving the insights and efficiency of the business. Our Data Engineers design and build the backbone that makes this development possible. At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise.
This position is responsible for technically managing 2-4 Data Engineers at a mix of levels. Your focus will be on the whole team's productivity and strive to increase the impact of the team's output. You will be empowered to make independent decisions for the team and are expected to partner effectively with all areas of the business.
Your time will be split between the following
* 30% coding
* 30% mentoring
* 40% cross team planning and project management
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Excellent communication ability – you can explain your work in a way that anyone in the company can understand, and you can frame problems in a way that ensures the right question is being asked.
- Business acumen – you are always eager to understand how the business works, and more specifically, how your work impacts the business.
- Enthusiastic yet humble – you are excited about the work you do, but you are also humble enough to embrace feedback – you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.
- Strong technical skills - you are expected to be able to jump into the codebase and be able to lead the way in all areas, whether that is our large Spark jobs, our Pub/Sub architecture or are APIs.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.