Lead Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Amperity is a rapidly growing technology company led by repeat entrepreneurs and seasoned business leaders and technologists. Our expertise in large-scale data management, enterprise software, and machine learning has empowered us to innovate and build a paradigm-shifting solution to one of consumer brands’ most fundamental challenges today. Every brand is striving to have a more personal relationship with their customers, but the data they possess about these customers is scattered throughout disparate systems.
Enter Amperity. We have created a platform that can rapidly and intelligently unify customer data at scale, which powers our customers to make smart decisions and bring their best ideas to life. Amperity commercially launched our signature product in September 2017 and has already made significant customer traction with incredible consumer businesses like Starbucks, Alaska Airlines, Gap, Moet Hennessy USA, TGI Fridays, Kendra Scott, and Wynn Las Vegas to name a few. We believe that the technology at the core of our offering will set the standard for how forward-thinking companies manage their customer data.
We stay connected through our values. We play for each other. That means we show up for each other, act with empathy, and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We're growing this company not for own personal gain, but for each other. We build for durability. That means creating something worth creating, that will endure the test of time. We do this by relentlessly focusing on our customers' success, building high-quality systems, and planning for long-term scale. We're grounded by humility and driven by ambition. We focus on making things better, today. We're hungry, we're passionate, and we love tough problems and new challenges. You don't hear a lot of "I don't know how" or "I can't" at Amperity. When faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Come join us.
The Machine Learning team empowers the data science solutions that lie at the heart of Amperity's solutions. As the Technical Lead for this team you have the opportunity to have organizational impact creating incredible value, excitement and opportunity for our customers and prospects.
- 5+ years software development experience with highly scalable systems involving machine learning or big data
- Excellent communication and math skills
- Significant demonstrable production deliverables incorporating data science elements
- Strong software skills in a JVM-based language
- Experience using a machine learning framework such as MLlib, H20 or scikit-learn
- Experience operationalizing in a full-stack environment, including taking on-call rotations and escalations
- Experience with distributed source control (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience delivering complex features and systems in a systematic manner
- Experience mentoring or managing more junior engineers, guiding both their technical and career growth.
- Experience managing (building, prioritizing, culling) area roadmap(s) in conjunction with product management.
- Experience planning and running sprints and/or agile process execution
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or mathematics
- Strong desire to learn and investigate new technologies
- Open-minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.