About the Role:
Do you have a passion for building efficient and scalable tools and processes for taking raw data from production systems and massaging it into user-friendly datasets for business use? Do you have dbt and Looker experience? If so, read on.
We are seeking a Lead Technical Analyst or Senior Analytics Engineer to work as part of the Data & Analytics Team, technically mentoring others on the team and evangelizing development and data best practices.
The Data & Analytics Team at RealSelf works with thousands of tables in our BigQuery data warehouse, and we manage an advanced tech stack using both Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). We have unique data from many different sources to serve the entire company’s data needs and with that comes unique and exciting challenges.
This comes with the opportunity to enhance a data platform for the business to be robust to failure and proactively identify data quality issues by understanding the data models and architecting resilient data pipelines, and alerting.
Does being agile and solving business problems by owning and implementing a vision for data architecture, leading best development practices, modeling complex data, crafting great user experiences, and writing efficient and readable SQL and Python excite you?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
- Architect, develop and maintain our data platform (including dbt, Looker, and Google Analytics) to support business goals and enable our customers to self-service their needs
- Write code that is efficient, well-documented, and easily readable, and maintainable
- Thoughtfully develop solutions with a DRY (“Don’t Repeat Yourself”) approach that minimizes technical debt and automate as much as possible
- Ensure high data quality by developing and maintaining rigorous alerting, so our team is aware of data issues long before anyone else is impacted
- Own and enhance Google Tag Manager to enable the business to track the right consumer actions on our site and model segments of our consumer journey
- Interface with the Platform team to advise on platforms for machine learning efforts, such as feature gathering, model prototyping and training, prediction pipelines, and advanced capabilities like continuous training, deployment, and monitoring in collaboration with data science
- Effectively project manage simple and complex enhancements that deliver value to the business, including gathering requirements for new features, adding requested functionality, and gaining user acceptance
- Prioritize and work autonomously, respecting team and company priorities, and collaborate with analysts, data scientists, and business stakeholders, seeking clarification or guidance along the way
You love turning quantitative measurements into business change and making an immediate impact in a fast-growing organization. This team is collaborative, bold, dynamic, and lots of fun. Below are some of the qualifications we’d love for you to have.
- You have experience with dbt and Looker - AND - at least two of the following: SQL, Dimensional Modeling, Google Tag Manager.
- Your code is efficient, well-documented, easily readable, and maintainable. You are proud of how clean your code is and enjoy helping others do the same.
- You thrive in ambiguity and love opportunities to test your own ideas to bring value to the business.
- You’ve learned to thoughtfully scope work and consider what failure might look like ahead of time.
- You effortlessly translate between business and technical speak.
- Data inconsistencies drive you crazy, and you love to find their root cause.
- You hold a degree in a related field (e.g., Math, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics) or have equivalent experience.
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role.
This role is open to fully remote candidates in most states. Working remotely from a primary residence outside of the United States is currently not permitted. RealSelf is a West Coast-based company; eligible candidates must be willing to work Pacific Standard Time hours most weekdays.
RealSelf is a values and performance-driven team that shares a common purpose of achieving our mission of empowering people to make smart, confident self-improvement decisions. We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our RealSelf Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.