Manager, Advertising Data Service APIs
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created an expansive marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
You could play a key role in delivering personalized advertising to Expedia's customers by building the next generation of Advertising Data Services Platform. Incorporating a customer-led design approach and agile methodologies, we are partnering across Expedia Group brands to build a highly scalable and reliable platform.
As Manager of Advertising Data Service APIs, you will work closely with our Advertising Product, Analytics and Data Science teams to set the technical direction for our Data Platform products, and to measure and drive improvements in the relevancy of ads. You will use data to devise a pragmatic technical strategy, find opportunities and empower the team to build scalable technology solutions.
As an experienced leader, you have taken brave and innovative decisions that have grown your team and delivered business value. You have demonstrated excellent judgment and an independently solve problems. You are an authority on building and developing high performing, agile teams with a focus on continuous improvement.
Successful team members in Media Solutions are fully accountable for themselves, their teams, and project delivery in a fast-paced and high-reaching environment. We understand and embody the 'One Team' philosophy and always strive to model the Expedia Group principles. We find creative ways to implement learning from ideas like Agile, Lean, Continuous Delivery and the Scientific Method in many aspects of leadership, management, delivery and operations. We are committed to a growth mindset and learning.
- Develop the Advertising Data Services team through stellar hiring, coaching, and creating an environment that embraces diversity and continuous growth
- Drive innovation and delivery of roadmap features
- Create and foster a results-focused and highly engaged team that is highly flexible, data-driven and able execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization.
- Lead the architecture of Advertising Data Services Platform
- Contribute to the creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions, promoting a commitment to automation, agile, lean-startup, continuous delivery
- Drive and maintain high standards of platform availability, monitoring, quality and performance
- MS/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in technical development and 2+ years in technical leadership
- Broad knowledge in data architecture patterns including modeling, metadata management, streams, persistence, enrichment and access
- Experience delivering data solutions in the cloud including Amazon AWS and related data technologies, services and third-party tools
- Expertise employing Agile delivery methodologies, DevOps and matrixed organizational models
- Experience managing globally distributed teams comprised of full-time staff and vendors
- Experience working in an ecommerce, platform, media and/or marketing business highly desired
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.