Manager, Analytics at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about data, analytics and digital marketing? Would you like to be leading a team that is solving the toughest problems in online marketing, in partnership with some of the brightest and most advanced marketers in the world? And all of that whilst working in the dynamic, competitive, customer-focused and data-rich world of online travel?
Hotels.com are looking for an astute, consultative, passionate, individual with a strong analytical and business background to fill the Manager, Analytics role. The role, and team, will have analytical ownership of high-visibility initiatives across Search Engine Marketing and Online Advertising, furthering our understanding and driving strategic decisions within a core part of our business.
Reporting to the Director, Mobile and Acquisition Marketing Analytics, you will be working closely with all the other leaders in the team, as well as teams across all Hotels.com functions such as Marketing, Finance, Data Science and Online Product. You will also collaborate with experts at our key marketing partners such as Google and Facebook, as well as leading and mentoring two highly skilled junior analysts.
This job is for you if you bring a rare blend of analytical excellence, strong business focus, and exceptional team leadership, and are seeking a challenging and exciting role within a dynamic, fast-paced and fun business.
What You’ll Do:
- Applying advanced analytical techniques to identify optimisation levers and influence marketing strategy
- Collaborating with our Marketing Data Science team to identify opportunities and embed machine learning techniques within our marketing activities
- Designing and evaluating tests to optimise incremental customer acquisition
- Understanding and proactively communicating factors affecting trading performance to stakeholders including Hotels.com leadership team
- Partnering with our Digital Analytics and Data Engineering teams to ensure robust and accurate data capture and continuous improvement of data available for both analytics and the wider business
- Developing and defining analytical vision, strategy and roadmap for the team, coordinating with leaders within the marketing team to ensure alignment with business goals
- Managing and developing a team of 2 analysts, prioritising their workload, providing mentorship and guidance, and ensuring the accuracy and relevance of the team’s deliverables
- Knowledge sharing through presentations at regional, channel and business wide events, as well as building relationships with analytics teams across EG sister brands
Who You Are:
- Proven experience of using R (or similar tools) to structure, transform and visualise big data
- Strong SQL skills are a requirement – hands on use of big data in large projects using Hadoop, Presto or Spark a bonus
- Experience leading or mentoring junior analysts
- Solid understanding of online marketing, preferably in a past or current role, with experience of Search Engine Marketing or other PPC style marketing partners a plus
- Experience within a large ecommerce environment beneficial
- Significant experience working in a role focused on analytics, statistical modelling, data science or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science or similar
- A relevant Master’s degree a plus
- Travel industry experience a plus
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.