Manager, iQ R&D
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and most of the Fortune 100 rely on Qualtrics Experience Management, to listen and engage with people at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict which changes will resonate mostly with customers and employees.
Not only is our technology powering the world’s greatest companies, but by understanding human emotions, beliefs, sentiments and values, we will close some of the world’s biggest gaps. Because many of the world’s most pressing problems occur from a lack of understanding – and that’s a problem we can solve.
About the Role
We are looking for a leader to develop and execute a ML and AI R&D and productization strategy. Our goal is to personalize the Qualtrics experience using ML and AI features showcasing Qualtrics data as a core value proposition and competitive advantage.
As the leader of this team you will hire, develop, mentor, and coach both Research Scientists and ML Engineers to ideate and implement new platform features leveraging state-of-the-art techniques in natural language understanding, image classification, statistical modeling, and other forms of ML and AI technology. You will balance important long term R&D investments with short term product deliverables, and partner with PM and company leadership to ensure alignment against strategic and tactical goals.
Working in partnership with senior leaders, you will evangelize ML and AI technology capabilities, and develop a process for consulting, educating, evaluating, and implementing across the larger organization. You will provide thought leadership about proper use of ML and AI, and lead the strategy, design, and implementation of scalable processes for model development, validation, and implementation.
You will partner with other senior leaders to build an efficient organization strategy and make key investment and prioritization decisions to execute against our multi-year product and company vision. You will serve as an external voice of the company, clearly articulating the company’s vision to technical and business audiences, helping to establish the company as a market leader.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering with 7+ years of industrial experience in one of the following fields:
- Natural language processing: text labeling and classification, text understanding, question answering, dialogue systems, entity extraction and reasoning, knowledge graph, etc.
- Machine learning: deep learning, large-scale optimization, probabilistic inference
- Data mining: information extraction, recommender systems, knowledge/pattern discovery
- Computer vision: image classification, object detection, segmentation
- Proven track record of progressive data science and ML/AI experience, with 3+ years in a significant leadership position managing teams that designed, developed, and launched complex AI solutions
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, motivating, growing, and retaining talented Research Scientists and ML Engineers
- Experience in developing new algorithms with track record on top journals/conferences
- Expert in conducting state-of-the-art research, system design, and applying novel techniques to live production systems
- Familiar with one or more deep learning frameworks: e.g Tensorflow, PyTorch,MXNet
- Experience with large-scale computing platforms, e.g Spark, Hadoop
- Strong verbal and written communication skills