Manager, Product and Strategy
Do you want a highly impactful role within a team that is growing fast?
Are you passionate about driving business value with products that deliver an awesome customer experience?
Are you ready to help people go places?
Then this opportunity might be for you.
The Insurance Commercial Strategy and Services (CSS) team is responsible for managing the Insurance business P&L and driving its strategy and business development efforts across the Expedia Group globally. Insurance delivers millions of dollars of incremental revenue making a direct and meaningful impact the company's bottom-line.
While travel is fun, inspiring and educational, the process of shopping for your dream trip and sometimes the journey itself brings notes of stress. The CSS Insurance looks across traditional & creative insurance products to craft benefits that will provide travelers with peace of mind. We have successfully demonstrated the potential of these products, and we are continuing to invest in this business. As a part of our growth strategy, we are looking for a hardworking Strategy & Product Manager.
Come join this high performing entrepreneurial team to help formulate our Insurance strategy. If you enjoy using data and observations to build sounds business cases, solve business problems, improve on-going business activities and work on a team that functions as the “business owner” you will fit right in. In this role, you will use your analytical and business skills to inspire product, engineering, finance and customer support, and our strategic partners to prioritize, implement and scale our product ideas.
What you'll do with us:
- Define product vision, strategy and initiatives based on keen understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape and market opportunity ($), including assessing competitive advantage and the company’s capacity to meet the opportunity.
- Prioritize & execute on business opportunities in collaboration with the product management and technology teams.
- Enrich the team with business, product, revenue, growth and/or customer insights that address common travel pains and build evidence backed business cases to create better products, initiatives, customer experiences, and business initiatives
- Deliver opportunity sizing of product ideas by combining analytical abilities as well as creative use of sources to validate assumptions.
- Be a Customer Advocate. Support creation of new product experiences & service solutions that solve current and future customer problems above and beyond expectations, inspiring customer delight and advocacy. Develop a keen understanding of consumer expectations & pain-points, and the competitive landscape by keeping abreast of market trends
- Serve in the business manager role supporting the growth vision and/or revenue optimization opportunity from inception to launch. Take lead on identifying, prioritizing and solving issues across varied business activities, such as PnL management, management reporting, customer experience, etc.
- Lead strategic partner account management on assigned project and initiatives, independently leading partner discussions, alignment on business goals, business negotiations. Perform vendor Contract Review. Demonstrate exceptional relationship management abilities for successful business partnership
- Lead projects independently, and balance the needs and requirements of different teams to build consensus on a common strategy and project execution
- Develop effective relationships with the extended inter-disciplinary team of product management, engineering, customer support, finance and legal.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/economics/math/technical field or related discipline required, with minimum 5 years full-time, professional industry experience, or Master’s degree in similar fields with minimum 3 years experience. MBA a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver revenue growth by identifying and leading high growth initiatives.
- Experience within consulting, internal strategy or product management roles is highly preferred.
- Experience working in an e-commerce environment, or insurance/financial services or within travel industry is helpful.
- Proven skills in business analysis, must be independent with data sourcing & synthesis, and presentation creation to make concise business case
- Proven skills in project execution with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven skills in customer, competitor and/or industry research
- Experience communicating with senior leadership, influencing decisions across multiple and matrixed teams
- Experience in strategic partner/vendor management i.e. identifying, negotiating and partnering with external business partners preferred
- Expertise with MS Suite required.
- Knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.