Market Intelligence Analyst
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
As PitchBook grows rapidly and sets ambitious goals, we become ever more committed to strategies that involve effectively identifying high-quality prospect accounts for our sales team to pursue and for our marketing team to target with content. PitchBook also continues to focus on our ability to compete and take business from our competitors. This analyst position will utilize their technical skills, business knowledge, internal and external data to support these endeavors – and be pivotal to their successful execution. To summarize, this analyst position will be responsible for understanding who our clients are, who we sell to (or who we should sell to), and how we perform in our market.
This role will be an analyst position on the Business Intelligence team – a technical and analytical team that works cross-functionally across PitchBook to provide insights and enhance data-driven decision making. As a data provider, PitchBook has unique resources for identifying and segmenting the markets we sell to – this role will be immersed in this process and one of its core responsibilities will be ownership of the taxonomy we use to segment our market. With our unique resources, cross-functional work and a culture that fosters innovation – the only limits to growth in this role are your ambition to learn and build.
- Ownership of the taxonomy used to identify and segment Prospects and Client Accounts
- Work with Sales and Marketing to analyze performance of prospects by segment
- Work with Customer Success to evaluate the behavior of Client Accounts by segment
- Work with Product and Research to align segments with user behavior and data needs
- Provided quantitative analysis on market segments and use cases to support Product Marketing
- Ownership of gathering and integrating internal and external prospect company data
- Provide visibility and quantitative analysis into market penetration and the competitive landscape
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A combination of educational or employment background demonstrating ability in quantitative analysis
- An ability to translate abstract business strategy and challenges into analytical projects and communicate insights to non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to be a resourceful problem-solver in a highly collaborative team environment
- An ambition to engage in continual learning for tools and technology
- 1-2 years of experience in an analyst or research role (slight preference for Market Research experience)
- 1-2 years of experience using SQL (particularly Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL)
- Python, Jupyter Lab and Git experience are nice to haves
- Data visualization experience (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) is a nice to have
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.