Oracle Applications Developer at Expedia Group
At Expedia Group we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the ever-changing travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
In Expedia Group, eCP organization was built to enable the business to scale globally while supporting the needs of our rapidly growing family of brands.
We power Expedia Group's travel revolution with a premier platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale. We bring product, technology and operations together to accelerate innovation and enable test and learn, constantly pushing ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
Within eCP organization, Financial Systems Engineering (FSE) group enables Expedia Group and subsidiaries to conduct business globally while meeting statutory and financial regulatory compliance. FSP delivers, collaborates and globally supports more than 21,000 businesses users of the enterprise financial platform.
What you’ll do:
- You will play a senior role in the analysis, design and development within Oracle Applications E-Business Suite with a main focus on solutions related to financial events.
- You will be responsible for developing and successfully delivering components. Additionally, you will also improve, support and follow Expedia SDLC.
- You will have to collaborate with business, developers and testers to produce efficient and scalable solutions.
- Focus on improving development and architecture standards by adopting industry standard methodologies.
- You will provide mentorship and ensure offshore development delivery and quality while completing development onsite for appropriate tasks
- You should showcase ability to multi-task while ensuring high quality of results and have dedication to high standards of code quality and testing.
- Demonstrate experience to work through/around blocking events and deploy complex yet elegant and efficient solutions.
Who you are:
- Possess 5+ years of experience in enterprise software development in Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Procure to Pay or Order to Cash Financials modules.’
- You will demonstrate strong programming knowledge and experience in PL/SQL, SQL with rich experience in RDBMS, SQL tuning and high-volume data processing.
- Java programming experience in developing RESTful web services using frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot etc., is highly preferred.
- Developer with working experience in Oracle tools like Form, Report, Workflow, BI Publisher and WebADI.
- Experience in frontend frameworks i.e Oracle Applications Framework (OAF) or Applications Development Framework (ADF) for building new self-service UI’s or extending standard UI’s, is preferable.
- Good to have experience with native AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, API Gateway.
- Familiar with high volume transactional systems, microservice design, continuous delivery, automated deployments, and related engineering practices.
- Effectively communicate with others in a courteous, thoughtful and professional manner and demonstrate multi-tasking ability for orchestrating multiple activities at a time.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MS1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.