Oracle EBS Functional Analyst
Blue Nile was created in 1999 by a man in love. He wanted to propose to his significant other and had the nervous excitement we all feel for that person who is just … right. But that excitement was met with frustration because of an outdated method for engagement ring shopping that only offered confusing information, limited choice, and commissioned salespeople. He knew there had to be a better way and founded Blue Nile based on a simple idea: Diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry should be fun, easy, and understandable. After all, they are meant for celebrating love.
This was a radical idea in the industry. That’s how we knew it was right. More than 500,000 couples have said “yes” to a better way to buy diamond engagement rings and fine jewelry gifts. And if you want to be part of a company that’s always blazed its own trail, we want to talk.
Blue Nile is a company of doers and everyone does their part to make the customer experience perfect. Far from a cog in a machine, the company’s structure can make you highly visible and offers the ability to learn, try new things, and see the impact of your work – regardless of level.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Oracle EBS Functional Analyst to join our Business Systems team. The ideal candidate will have a natural curiosity about how systems work and a desire to participate directly in improving our platform as the company grows. This position offers the opportunity to collaborate with small teams and contribute to a wide variety of projects that are directly connected with an active, growing business. This position focuses on support of our Oracle R12 environment.
We use Oracle eBusiness Suite R12 and a custom e-commerce system to process orders, manage the manufacturing and fulfillment process, and support financial reporting. We have a modern, current technology platform free of outdated hardware and legacy systems. You will work on interesting projects with relevant technologies.
The business systems team is small and highly experienced, providing members the opportunity to work on a wide breadth of new technologies and systems. We work directly with developers, technology leaders and business users. This is a great opportunity for you to bring your functional and analytical skills to a place where you’ll learn and contribute at many levels on a daily basis.
- Work closely with business users on requirements, and implementation of business processes and new features
- Work with technology team members and developers to design, QA, and implement new features and system modifications
- Provide operational support to business users, helping them use Oracle tools efficiently and utilize new functionality
- Perform QA testing for projects, rollout of new features, bug fixes, upgrades, etc.
- Conduct conference room pilots, end-user training and testing, and business process engineering
- Create documentation for business processes, system changes, and any other necessary documentation
- Coordinate work and manage projects between multiple business groups
- 5+ years experience working with Oracle EBS 11i or R12.
- Expertise in Oracle Order-To-Cash process
- Order Management
- Warehouse & Shipping
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience
- Knowledge of MSCA (supply chain application) is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle Procure-to Pay process
- Knowledge of the underlying Oracle tables, integration points and technology processes.
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Experience in engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues.
- Experience analyzing data and translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience with low-level ad-hoc query tools (Toad, SQLPlus) and a working knowledge SQL queries.
- Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills are important.
- Proven record of good judgment in solving problems and handling challenges
- Ability and desire to work with technical and non-technical people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage, paid by employer
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus