Oracle Functional Analyst II
At Expedia we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the ever-changing travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
In Expedia, eCP organization was built to enable the business to scale globally while supporting the needs of our rapidly growing family of brands.
We power Expedia Group's travel revolution with a premier platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale. We bring product, technology and operations together to accelerate innovation and enable test and learn, constantly pushing ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
Within eCP organization, Financial Systems Engineering (FSE) group enables Expedia Group and subsidiaries to conduct business globally while meeting statutory and financial regulatory compliance. FSP delivers, collaborates and globally supports more than 21,000 businesses users of the enterprise financial platform.
What you’ll do:
- You'll liaise with internal and external teams (e.g. Developers, Project/Program Managers, Operation support) to understand business requirements and designed solutions
- Review requirements and design documents to understand the current state of design, assess short-term and long-term trade-offs and make recommendations to the business and technology teams
- You will drive solutions to complex business problems, advocate for scalable solutions and work with geographically diverse locations in providing solutions that work across borders
- Support development and execution of roll out strategies, cut-over/transition plans, end-user training and documentation
- You will provide support to our Oracle Financials user community by addressing system function anomalies, and end-user questions/issues
- You will partner with onsite and India development and FA team members in all phases of our project delivery and production enhancements
- Demonstrate experience to work through/around blocking events and deploy complex yet elegant and efficient solutions
Who you are:
- Chartered Accountant, CPA or equivalent degree with 6+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting Oracle Financials R12 in a complex, multinational, multi GAAP environment
- Experience with Oracle Modules of Accounts Payables, Receivables, Advanced Collections, Cash Management, Order Management, General Ledger
- 2-3 full life-cycle Oracle implementations, good understanding of SQL and PLSQL, production support experience, Customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment and experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus
- Effectively communicate with others in a courteous, thoughtful and professional manner and demonstrate multi-tasking ability for orchestrating multiple activities at a time.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Relocation (Y/N): Y
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.