Principal Data Architect, Axon Records and Data Platform at Axon
- Architect, develop, and maintain Axon’s system integration, data processing and storage, and analytics solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated APIs and ETL pipelines that support Axon's product development and evolution at scale.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and data lake metadata, data catalog, and user documentation.
- Develop data objects for business analytics using data modeling techniques.
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Highly technical with 7+ years of experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems (e.g. Social, AdTech, MarTech, Heathcare, FinTech, etc.).
- You write the code to design, develop, prototype, and maintain products
- Recent hands-on implementation experience required, preferably in Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Oozie, Zookeeper, Avro, HCatalog, Hue, etc.), realtime streaming event logs (e.g. Kafka, SNS/SQS), databasing (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), SQL on Hadoop (Spark SQL, Hive, etc.), NoSQL (MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB), and scheduling and management (Oozie, Cascading, Zookeeper, etc.)
- You influence your peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- You facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of senior engineers.
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Masters Degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Experience building and managing MAPR systems.
- Experience creating and maintaining containerized web applications and serverless components.
- Familiarity with build and CI tools/processes like Kubernetes, TeamCity, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience using statistical programming languages (e.g. Python, R) and to deliver results for real-world problems.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...