Principal Data Scientist
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Apply machine learning and mathematical approaches to solving IT operations management.
- Develop or enhance prototypes and acceptance tests for solutions to IT analytics problems like:
- Alert correlation.
- Complex event processing.
- Anomaly detection.
- NLP on IT incidents.
- Causal analysis and prediction.
- Automation of IT remediations and processes.
- Work with product managers and engineers to develop solutions to customer problems.
- Design and perform experiments to analyze/validate solutions to analytics problems.
In order to be successful, we need someone who has:
- Solution oriented attitude (you see yourself as a problem solver) Real passion for data
- Resourceful and creative approach to problems
- Flexibility and ability to live with imperfect data, problem definitions, and solutions
- Team oriented attitude (no stars please)
- Tenacity and patience solving problems
- Scientific attitude
- Prior experience in IT operations environment a plus
Required Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent in a scientific or engineering discipline
- 5+ years data science / machine learning experience in a commercial setting
- Strong background in statistics, probability, and machine learning
- Experience with Python scientific stack or R
- Experience working with machine learning tools like Scikit-Learn, Orange, RapidMiner, Weka, etc.
- Solid software development skills and understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Working knowledge of SQL
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.