Principal, Enterprise Data Architect at ServiceNow
Job title: Principal, Enterprise Data Architect
Location: Santa Clara, CA, Bay Area, CA, San Diego, CA, Kirkland, WA, and Chicago, IL
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Define and implement a data strategy and roadmap for ServiceNow.
- Define policies and establish standards for modeling, structuring, naming, describing, securing and. formatting data.
- Work with business and IT leadership to define and document the data architecture for enterprise data assets.
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models with associated metadata including data lineage and technical data definitions.
- Provide direction and guidance in implementation of data warehouses, marts, cubes and universes to support analytic work product requirements.
- Lead efforts to implement a reference data and master data management strategy.
- Build and lead the data-architecture practice in support of strategic business and IT goals. Effectively work across team boundaries to establish data architecture and provide guidance to individual teams.
- Design and develop end to end robust, scalable data ingestion pipelines and data platform architecture that will support the analytical and reporting needs of the various business organizations.
- Work closely with Data & Analytics team to help build the backend solutions for reporting, dash boarding and analysis.
- Ability to architect and build end to end data platforms.
- Strong understanding and experience building ELT/ETL solutions for both structured and unstructured data sets.
- Launch and support new data models that provide intuitive analytics to internal customers
- Prototype new technologies and implement innovative solutions to enable teams to consume and understand data faster.
- Leverage business and domain acumen to interpret and translate business requirements to architecture/technology plans.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working in enterprise scale data warehousing, data architecture and/or data engineering environments.
- 3+ years working as an Enterprise Architect with a good understanding of Enterprise Architecture as a practice. Practitioner’s knowledge of TOGAF or alternate frameworks is a plus.
- 5+ years of designing, implementing and building pipelines (ETL) that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- 5+ years of SQL (HANA, Snowflake, Oracle, AWS Redshift, Hive, etc.) experience is required
- 5+ years of hands-on data modeling experience, especially dimensional data modeling
- Must have knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy or other Data visualization tools
- Strong understanding of core infrastructure components (servers, network, storage).
- Experience with Enterprise Data Governance, Big Data Solutions, Master data management, Data Privacy and Security, Machine Learning, and Data Pipeline Operations.
- Experience with building analytic solutions applicable to Sales, Finance, Product and Marketing organizations in an enterprise.
- Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, metadata management.
- Experience managing, measuring, improving data quality in a data warehouse.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.