About The Team
Data is at the core of Outreach's strategy. It drives our customers and ourselves to the highest levels of success. We use it for everything from customer health scores and revenue dashboards, to operational metrics of our AWS infrastructure, to helping increase product engagement and user productivity through automated natural language understanding, to predictive analytics and causal inference via experimentation. As our customer base continues to grow, we are looking towards new ways of leveraging our data to save our customers time and improve their sales efficiency.
The key goal of the Data Science organization is to transform how sales reps operate by enabling personalized guided selling. This requires a scalable cost-efficient data and ML infrastructure.
The intelligent Insights and Actions (IIA) team focuses on processing, transforming and mining behavioral and outcome data from sales engagement, to develop capabilities to measure, diagnose, and predict the relations between actions and outcomes, so that we understand what is working vs not working in terms of rep behavioral patterns and sales process, so that Outreach can develop product capabilities to drive better actions & outcomes.
- We measure & diagnose reps' productive & counterproductive behavioral patterns
- We measure & diagnose what is working vs not working in the sales process
- We predict outcomes and recommend best next actions at prospect/account/deal/rep level
Our Vision of You
- You have 10+ years of experience in Data Science and 5+ dedicated years working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark. Experiences with Spark’s Mlib, AWS, Databricks, MLFlow are a plus.
- You understand the entire lifecycle of machine learning product development, from inception to production
- You have substantial experience with deploying and running ML models in real products.
- You have substantial coding experience. Experience with Python and its ML packages such as scikit-learn is a plus
- You are hands on, able to quickly pick up new tools and languages, and excited about building things and experimenting
- You are experienced at mentoring junior team members and go above and beyond to help your team.
- You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them
- You are a motivated and talented craftsperson: always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills
- You have a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description