Principal Machine Learning Engineer, Services at Outreach
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 2, 2020
About The Team
Data is at the core of Outreach's strategy. It drives our customers and ourselves to the highest levels of success. We use it for everything from customer health scores and revenue dashboards, to operational metrics of our AWS infrastructure, to helping increase product engagement and user productivity through automated natural language understanding, to predictive analytics and causal inference via experimentation. As our customer base continues to grow, we are looking towards new ways of leveraging our data to save our customers time and improve their sales efficiency.
Key goal of the Data Science team is to transform how sales reps operate by enabling personalized guided selling. This requires a scalable cost-efficient data and ML infrastructure. As a member of the team, you will be on the ground floor, working directly with the VP of Data Science to define and implement our strategy for delivering on this vision. You will be responsible for improving and scaling our data, ML, and experimentation infrastructure, delivering models and data-driven functionality, automating ML pipelines. You will serve as tech lead owning the outcomes of projects and initiatives, working with junior team members, collaborating with other engineering teams, and providing technical guidance.
Our Vision of You
- You have 10+ years of experience working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark. Experiences with Spark’s Mlib, AWS, Databricks, MLFlow are a plus.
- You understand the entire lifecycle of machine learning product development, from inception to production
- You have substantial experience with deploying and running ML models in real products.
- You have substantial coding experience. Experience with Python and its ML packages such as scikit-learn is a plus
- You are hands on, able to quickly pick up new tools and languages, and excited about building things and experimenting
- You are experienced at mentoring junior team members and go above and beyond to help your team.
- You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them
- You are a motivated and talented craftsperson: always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills
- You have a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description