Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Position
As we build the future of consumer insurance in a modern age, data and machine learning are at the core of everything that we do. The role requires team members who take insights, actions, and models from our data scientists and translate that into software products that enable business optimization. Currently, we have more than 65 models in production, making tens-of-millions of real-time predictions per day. Our team uses a variety of data mining and analysis methods, uses a variety of data tools, builds and implements models, develops algorithms, and creates simulations.
This position is responsible for designing and building the prediction services that makes this development possible with no support from engineering (we own our stack end to end). At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise.
We’re changing the world of consumer insurance and financial services everyday through the power of Machine Learning and Data Science – join us on the journey!
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- A drive to move fast and deliver business value.
- 4+ years of backend software engineering in a team environment.
- Experience writing and debugging complex database queries and code.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies to help the team explore new solutions.
- Excellent communication ability – you can explain your work in a way that anyone on the team can understand, and you can frame problems in a way that ensures the right question is being asked.
- Business Acumen – you are always eager to understand how the business works, and more specifically, how your work impacts the business.
- Mentorship of others – you raise the bar on coding standards and providing meaningful feedback on code changes.
- Enthusiastic yet humble nature – you are excited about the work you do, but you are also humble enough to embrace feedback – you don’t need to be the smartest person in the room.
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, data science or related field of study.
The following additional experience is desired:
- Experience with writing production-level Python.
- Unit and integration testing.
- Use of cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Participate in agile methodologies (daily standup, sprint planning, retros).
- Profiling and performance tuning of production code a bonus.
- Direct experience with using ML libraries like sklearn, or Spark ML in a production environment a huge bonus!
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.