Data on a massive scale is at the “heart” of Unity. It is data that allows our developers to critique and improve their games, and it is data that allows our developers to monetize all their hard work.
Our Data Platform Team empowers customers internal and external through data - data about the games and the hundreds of millions of people who play them. Our team aims to provide a highly scalable data collection and processing system, track relevant metadata and statistics, and provide multiple consumption modes tailored to customer use cases.
We work closely with machine learning experts and data scientists to extract as much value as possible from our data. You will be working on some of the most interesting and bold problems with a world-class team that is dedicated to providing our customers with the data they need to succeed.
As the Principal Software Engineer, Data Platform, you will function as a “hands-on” engineer and technical-thought captain to guide the building of tools to organize, diagnose, and visualize data in a semantically agnostic manner for Analysts, M/L Engineers, and Product teams.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain Unity’s Data Platform and associated services that are capable of handling real-time and batch processing for petabytes of data over events on the order of billions daily
- Work closely with customers inside and outside Unity to ensure great delivery while maintaining top-notch operations within stringent SLAs
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven “hands-on” software engineering experience in Java, Scala, or similar languages with an emphasis on data structures and high-performance
- Confirmable experience with open source big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Presto, Spark, Kafka, Druid
- Verifiable experience with at least one and ideally multiple public cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, Salt etc.
- Experience with Flink, Beam, Dataflow
- Deep, multi-faceted appreciation of how complex stream processing systems are designed and operated
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.