Principal Software Engineer, Data Platform - Location Flexible at Dropbox
In this role you will build very large, scalable platforms using cutting edge data technologies. This is not a “maintain existing platform” or “make minor tweaks to current code base” kind of role. We are effectively building from the ground up and plan to leverage the most recent Big Data technologies. If you enjoy building new things without being constrained by technical debt, this is the job for you!Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership for a global team of engineers supporting structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data (both in transit and in rest) that live on different platforms and entities
- You will help define/design data integrations, data quality frameworks and design/evaluate open source/vendor tools for data lineage
- You will work closely with Dropbox business units and engineering teams to develop a strategy for long term Data Platform architecture
- Be a consultant to the larger engineering organization that ensures compliance in data quality, data lineage, metadata management to automate enrichment, policy automation, data provenance, and heritage, data sovereignty, retention requirements.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Prior experience as a Staff Software Engineer or a more senior engineering role
- Expert at data architecture. From schema design, data storage technologies, debugging data problems, building scalable data solutions & more.
- Expertise working on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and building large-scale data architectures leveraging their technologies
- You’re intimately familiar with the technology problems startups face as they scale because you’ve worked at a startup before and helped them scale
- Experience working on large multi-tenant SaaS systems