Product Data Analyst - Remote at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Data Analyst to help the Product Management team build the most useful customer education platform on the market. There are a lot of amazing SaaS products out there who rely on customer training as the main driver of product adoption. A tool is only useful if you know how to use it! Our ideal data analyst candidate thrives in a collaborative environment, is curious and dives deep into the data to help us identify impactful investments for the future.
We believe that education is the key to unlocking product innovation for individuals, organizations, and society! Our journey started when our founders discovered that companies were developing outstanding products, but users were struggling to tap into the full potential of those products. Product education was the missing link and legacy learning tools were frustrating customer education teams and their students. Our customers rave about us because we are passionate about helping them transform their users into product specialists and advocates with our best-in-class learning platform. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing Series B company with Fortune 1000 and mid-market customers!Responsibilities
- Identify data sources to drive product performance metrics
- Build operational product dashboards and generate insights and hypotheses
- Partner with Product Management on product initiatives
- Research customer usage patterns
- Help capture the right data to drive adoption and performance metrics
- Facilitate feature return on investment analysis
- Present findings and communicate actively
- Research ways to drive more value from usage and customer data
- Partner with Engineering on Product and Infrastructure initiatives, and experimentation
- Improve data availability, accuracy and integrity
- Gather requirements around warehousing needs for reporting
- Define data specs that outline required event tracking and necessary data points to be implemented during feature development
- Background and education in Finance, Business or Statistics
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data into meaningful insights
- Proven experience working with product managers
- Excellent writing skills to prepare detailed reports
- Advanced standard query language (SQL), Python and R is a plus
- Must have deep knowledge of Excel and experience with creating Pivot tables
- Experience using dashboarding and data visualization tools (Tableau, Mode and the like)
- Strong statistical foundations and A/B experiments
- Experience working in a high-growth software development organization and passion for a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.