Research Intelligence Analyst
At Pitchbook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As a Research Intelligence Analyst, you will work across a global team of data analysts and researchers to provide automated insights and business intelligence support for Research at PitchBook. We're looking for a person who can combine proficiency in BI and Data Science technologies (SQL, Python, R, Tableau, Power BI) with strong intellectual foundations in statistics and quantitative analysis. You will also spend time learning PitchBook's Research processes and methodologies, establishing the process knowledge necessary to translate data into actionable insights for key decisions makers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- You'll be the PitchBook Research business intelligence and data technology expert, building a foundation for the data driven insights needed to optimize operations in the department
- Own BI support for a core area of the Research department
- Own reporting for business metrics delivered to the senior management team and assist in business assessment and decision-making
- Design and maintain database and reporting systems used to automate insights (SQL, Power BI, Tableau)
- Develop strong working knowledge of PitchBook's Research processes and operations
- Serve as a database SME on cross-functional Research initiatives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years of relevant experience working experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Engineer, and/or Data Analyst
- Advanced SQL skills, with experience querying large datasets from multiple sources and developing automated reporting
- Python skills for scripting, data manipulation, and custom ETLs
- Knowledge of statistical methods and regression analysis
- Proficiencies in Tableau or Microsoft Power BI (both is a plus)
- Excellent Microsoft Office/PC skills, Advanced Excel experience analyzing data and creating daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex data issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers
PitchBook provides transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports. Our focus has always been-and will always be-our clients. What data matters most to them? What would make their jobs easier? How can we help them make informed decisions?
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.