Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
The Network Efficiency team is responsible for creating the industry-leading routing, optimization, and assignment engines that power Convoy’s digital freight marketplace. We are a team of scientists, engineers, and product managers who each day help thousands of carriers efficiently find the best load for them. Our scientific and technical solutions underpin many of the core functionalities that power Convoy’s marketplace, while providing an exceptional experience for our carriers and shippers.
You are a senior leader who has experience with complex, multi-disciplinary science teams. You are able to drive a long-run scientific strategy, as well as dive into the details. You are comfortable guiding your team from ideation to deployment. You hire and develop exceptional data science talent - finding the right people to scale your organization. Fast-paced, collaborative environments energize and bring out the best in you.
- Work with your teams to deliver innovative solutions that improve the operation of Convoy’s marketplace
- Provide input and guidance to the scientific and engineering roadmaps developed by your teams
- Lead a complex, interdisciplinary science organization that drives sustained business impact
- Help scale the science behind Convoy’s digital freight marketplace
- Partner with senior product and business peers to understand tradeoffs and shape Convoy’s strategy
- Attract and develop exceptional talent
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, or related quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience using statistical modeling, quantitative analysis, or machine learning to solve business problems
- 5+ years of experience managing data scientists in a fast-paced business environment
- 2+ years of experience managing manager
- Experience with machine learning frameworks in production environments
Nice to haves:
- PhD in Computer Science, Economics, Industrial Organization, Electrical Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Experience with two-sided markets (platforms)
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or RSQL fluency
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!