Research Scientist II, Marketplace Demand at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, January 7, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for an experienced Research Scientist to join the Contract Team in Convoy’s Marketplace organization. This team owns Convoy’s core models and systems for contract price optimization and long-term forecasting, areas of strategic importance to Convoy. This role has the potential to unlock significant value for the company as we double-down on the fundamental models at the heart of our business.
- Forecasting/Time Series, Marketplace Dynamics, Prediction/Classification, Experimentation, Causal Inference/Observational Data Analysis, simulation and Optimization
- Developing, improving, and maintaining cross-discipline predictive and causal models/algorithms(e.g. ML, Econometrics, Optimization) in a production environment.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A passion for building robust, interpretable, and actionable models
- Expertise with Python and/or R
- Familiarity with the tools of high-performance computing and software development
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- Experience disambiguating business problems and leading projects independently end-to-end in a business environment
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!