Research Scientist at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:06 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, February 11, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
At Convoy, you will work independently and be responsible for your domain end-to-end in a dynamic environment that pivots where needed to focus on what matters most. You will work with rich data to power your deep dive research, modeling, and experimentation projects. If you are curious and passionate about joining a company that is making data science and machine learning a fundamental part of our success, we want you to join us.
- Work on the following: Recommendation Systems, Forecasting/Time Series, Marketplace Dynamics, Prediction/Classification, Experimentation, Causal Inference/Observational Data Analysis, Auction Design and Optimization
- Leverage communication and personal management skills to achieve outcomes.
- Work effectively with a diverse, interdisciplinary group of researchers & engineers within and across teams.
- Have a very strong quantitative background
We’re looking for someone who has:
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in scientific or statistical programming languages such as R or Python
- Experience disambiguating business problems and leading projects independently end-to-end in a business environment
Nice to Haves:
- Experience crafting and deploying machine learning solutions for a real-time production environment
- Experience with two-sided markets (platforms) and other economic theory
- Experience in causal inference and experimentation
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!