Research Scientist at Convoy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. We offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through our network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
Data Science is at the core of Convoy’s platform. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, causal inference, economics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
Are you excited about working autonomously and being responsible for your domain end-to-end? At Convoy, we are a highly aligned team that operates in a dynamic environment and pivots where needed to focus on what matters most. You will work with high signal-to-noise data to power your deep dive research, modeling, and experimentation projects. If you are curious minded and are passionate about joining a company that is making data science and machine learning a fundamental part of our success, join us.
You will work on:
- Recommendation Systems
- Forecasting/Time Series
- Marketplace Dynamics
- Causal Inference/Observational Data Analysis
- Auction Design
Who you are:
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Electrical Engineering, or related quantitative subject
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R or Python
- SQL fluency
- 1+ years of experience doing predictive modeling and machine learning in a dynamic business environment (Candidates with substantially more experience are encouraged to apply)
- Intelligent but practical, you want to get things done and love simplicity
- You’re a leader and will speak up where needed
Nice to have
- Experience with two-sided markets (platforms) and other economic theory
- Experience in bidding and pricing (e.g., quant experience)
- Experience in causal inference and experimentation
- Experience crafting and deploying machine learning solutions for a real-time production environment
- Big data tools such as Spark or Hadoop
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description