Risk Operations and Compliance Analyst at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are seeking an experienced Risk Operations and Compliance Analyst to ensure the company adheres to internal policies, local jurisdiction banking laws and other applicable regulatory requirements. The ideal applicant for this role will have previous work experience within the online financial services industry and familiarity with working in a 24/7 customer support environment. The successful candidate will be analytical and capable of succeeding in a fast-paced team environment.
As an innovative online money transmitter, Remitly is growing rapidly while maintaining high customer service, performance and compliance standards. Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia; and licensed by multiple U.S. state banking agencies. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering program. In this role, the Compliance Analyst will be responsible for helping to detect suspicious transactions and auditing risk processes.
- As a Money Services Business, Remitly is required by regulation to file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs). The incumbent will work closely with the Compliance Officer to identify and submit SAR reports within internal service guidelines and government-mandated timelines
- Evaluate internal reports and related filters to confirm Remitly is actively monitoring its customer base for compliance with the terms of its user agreement
- Lead periodic AML risk assessments and assist in the implementation of needed corrective actions
- Work across teams to help build and maintain compliant products, systems and tools
- Conduct AML training for new employees and existing employees as needed in specific compliance related areas
- Assist Chief Compliance Officer with projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist operations and risk teams with enhancing and developing governance and risk programs
- Work on assigned tasks and/or projects relating to operational efficiency and control optimization
- Candidate must be based in Seattle, WA.
- Minimum 3 years of experience either overseeing or directly contributing to operational compliance programs
- Direct experience in either e-commerce, banking or payments processor industries
- Experience with BSA, AML, KYC and other government-driven policies
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns and devise solutions for complex issues directly affecting the customer experience
- Team player capable of learning and sharing knowledge in a global team environment
- Proven ability to work in fast paced dynamic environments where decisions are made without compromising on customer experience and financial losses
- Demonstrate flexibility to work overtime hours based on business needs
- Bachelor's degree; CAMS or BSA/AML certifications are a plus
Who we are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $6 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers’ PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.