Sales Data Analyst
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. Our rich data and unique algorithms power the world’s largest real-time database of salary profiles, giving both employers and employees immediate visibility into the right pay for any position. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping more than 6,500 businesses to stay competitive in the labor market and retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re disrupting the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals with diverse perspectives. We foster a playful work atmosphere where highly motivated individuals can be truly innovative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
We are a fast-growing Warburg Pincus portfolio company who is thrilled to have brought the MarketPay product into our suite of offerings in 2016, and started a strategic alliance with Mercer in 2017. We can't wait for you to join us!
We are seeking a Sales Data Analyst to lead the design, deployment and maintenance of sales-focused reports and analytics. You will be a key member of the Sales Operations team and act as a cross-functional strategic advisor on the analysis of metrics related to sales productivity and effectiveness. The ideal candidate loves data, analytics and has a passion for process improvement.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, drive, and enhance ongoing reporting efforts of sales performance data and critical metrics.
- Support ad-hoc reporting needs and conduct in depth analysis as needed; identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Build out comprehensive dashboards within Salesforce or BI tools (Einstein Analytics or Tableau) to deliver actionable insights for sales, finance, and marketing leaders.
- Provide informed recommendations on how to improve data quality.
- Partner with Sales Operations Management on delivering recurring forecasting and pipeline reviews.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization on common metrics to ensure consistent reporting processes and standards.
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Not only can you run reports, but you are able to clearly interpret data to identify important trends or insights.
- You are a strategic thinker that looks ahead and is not solely reactive to the task at hand.
- You are an effective verbal and written communicator.
- You have strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- You are extraordinarily organized, have superior attention to detail, and can self-direct multiple concurrent projects & initiatives.
- You enjoy working independently and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years of experience developing and delivering quantitative sales metrics, preferably within software industry.
- Proven reporting, analysis, and dashboard creation skills.
- Expert-level user in Microsoft Excel and Salesforce.
- Proficient-level user in relational databases, SQL queries, and business intelligence software (Tableau, Microsoft BI, Einstein Analytics etc.).
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.