Sales Insights Lead
Outreach is the leader in sales engagement software and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the country. We are looking for our Sales Insights Lead to help us define, analyze and implement key strategic insights that help us transform our motions and drive continued hyper-growth. You are deeply passionate about leveraging data to drive insights and action and think strategically across the entire revenue funnel. Success will be measured by the overall impact of business insights, related initiatives, and projects, as well as feedback from key stakeholders and the successful deployment of a data-driven insights framework.
The organizational scope of this role is the creation, delivery, and analysis of business insights for our Sales Development, Sales and Customer Success motions. While mainly focused on sales insights, this is a role that will involve you deeply in the entire customer journey. This position is based in Seattle and reports to the VP of Revenue Operations.
The Sales Insights Lead has significant exposure to the senior leadership team and engages regularly with all Sales Development, Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Marketing, and Product leaders. We are looking for a highly collaborative, strategic individual, who partners effectively and has a bias for action.
- Design our business insights framework and approach. Define a structure for Dashboards, Reports, and Analyses for our key internal audiences. Define governance, maintenance, and communication approach.
- Analyze and derive insights from Outreach’s data set and help design and build BI solutions (Tableau) to enable effective and quick decision making around pipeline and forecasts.
- Analyze and derive insights for sales pipeline trends, forecasting KPIs and growth dynamics across segments and territories.
- Own forecast sensitivity insights and what-if scenarios that help in decision making.
- Identify KPIs throughout the entire sales funnel that can serve as early signals for key business results.
- Establish a robust performance management system (leading and lagging indicators), project-manage requirements and delivery with key stakeholders like our BI&A team.
- Support Sales + Success headcount production analysis and participate in the quota setting process, in close collaboration with Finance.
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams across Sales, Success, BI&A, Marketing, Product and Finance.
- Help drive strategic and tactical planning by clarifying objectives, dependencies, and resourcing as well as providing related insights.
- Collaborate in determining Outreach’s market expansion strategy (markets, audiences, offerings, geos, channels).
- Partner with Finance (FP&A) on Sales + Customer Success capacity modeling and architecture (roles, responsibilities, coverage, revenue production).
- Help develop Go-To-Market Plans and align cross-organizational dependencies, e.g. funnel planning with Marketing.
- Support with insights for our segmentation and territory management strategy.
- Support compensation planning design with relevant insights.
- Help determine addressable market opportunity at the segment, account, sales motion and geo level to facilitate growth initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or information systems field, or equivalent experience. MBA is a strong plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in a high-growth SaaS organization with increasing influence and responsibility.
- Relevant experience in go-to-market planning, analysis, and insights for Sales + CS functions.
- Expert-level skills in Tableau and Excel.
- Exceptional analytical and process skills (e.g. business planning and analysis).
- Strong SaaS business acumen and relevant experience in Enterprise software sales and success motions.
- Solid experience in sales operations, sales-capacity analysis as well as financial planning/analysis.
- Proven track record in delivering and implementing results.
- Successful history of (internal) customer-first attitude, result-orientation, and ownership.
- Exceptional communication skills and successful history of cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to understand the big picture, connect the dots and dive deep at the same time.
- Ideally, Tableau certified.
- Strong SaaS financial acumen (= understanding of SaaS KPIs and levers)
- Ability to balance and connect strong strategic thinking with deliberate tactical execution.
- Ability to combine data with relevant context to tell an insightful story.
- Ability to combine focus on outcomes with organizational and intrapersonal empathy.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to new business demands and changing environments.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Unlimited PTO (and people actually use it!)
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description