Senior Analyst, Pricing & Yield at Expedia Group
ExpediaAbout Expedia Group Media Solutions:
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has built a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
About the Role:
Our Pricing and Yield team is looking for problem solvers that like math and thinking strategically. We deal with particularly difficult problems that require digging into large data sets and looking for answers others can't find. Our problems are split between solving ad-hoc problems and thinking about strategic solutions to prevent or answer these problems in the future. Does this sound like something you would like to be involved with? If so, read on, we have the job for you.
You would be a key member of the team. We sit at the intersection of various parts of our business. This gives us visibility into problems across the broader organization and how they are interrelated. Our team is focused on driving increased yield and efficiency by educating people on best practices and projects to prevent issues from recurrence. Some of the projects we need your help with involve analyzing, reporting on, and refining the performance of our products, sales, and pricing. You can play a meaningful role in that success.
Buzzwords that you’ll get to put on your resume include: revenue management, yield management, dynamic pricing models, Excel spreadsheets, SQL databases, digital advertising, inventory forecasting and whatever you can convince us is worthwhile to work on. You’ll be applying your skills across the Expedia Group network of websites. Most people don’t realize that Expedia owns Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Wotif and other sites, and operates more than 100 branded points of sale in more than 60 countries. This is where big data and problem complexity comes into play.
If others have referred to you as highly analytical, meticulous, and a strong communicator and your experience and interest aligns with the following, we have an opportunity for you. Please apply.Responsibilities include:
- Develop and deploy suite of reports to inform sales team about product inventory availability
- Build and maintain management/dashboard reporting, identifying key performance trends of indicators such as volume, ad product mix, pricing and sell-through for partners
- Analyze the drivers of supply, demand and product performance to inform pricing, drive product improvements, and build customer value
- Be the power user and subject matter expert for our yield management system (YieldEx), providing support and training to promote the usage of data output by key team members
- Respond to ad hoc data requests and conduct analysis to provide valuable insights to partner groups, including sales, product, operations and finance
- Communicate and work effectively with various internal partners
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar analytic field
- Consultative, analytical approach towards delivering business results and process improvements
- 4+ years of working experience; hands-on experience in ecommerce, pricing, or yield management is helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical experience and business insight.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL and/ or relational databases
- Experience working with online advertising platforms such as DFP, YieldEx, Omniture, etc.
- Python, R or VBA programming skills are helpful
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia Group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.