As a Senior Analytics Engineer at Outreach, you will drive the success of Outreach’s Analytics and Operational programs through the production, documentation, and curation of certified data sources and models. You practice scalable coding practices, write efficient SQL, and document your work so that future stakeholders will already have their questions answered. You are the “T” in ELT (Extract-Load-Transform), and turn the data pipelines from our Data Engineering team, into useful models for our Analytics and self service Data Champions to adopt and answer their own business questions.
Overall, you make Data at Outreach a more trusted, governed, and powerful asset for all employees.
About the Team
The Analytics Engineering team is dedicated to the empowerment of all people through the use of scalable and trusted data sets. We drive alignment on core business metrics and enable other teams to experiment with novel operational metrics to track the business. The AE team is a subset of the Business Intelligence & Analytics team, and partners across the org to drive education and enablement for all employees.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Model and document new datasets (both structured and semi-structured) to exploit the value therein across all our business units.
- Partner with subject matter experts to document, align and automate business metrics that define success.
- Work with Analysts to optimize their use of data, either through query reviews, modeling exercises, or dashboard audits.
- Own the design, monitoring, and deployment of certified data sources on our reporting platforms and warehouses.
- Insist on the highest standards for data reproducibility, auditability and compliance
- Serve as a subject matter expert for data strategy thought leadership and implementation across the business.
- Enable non-BI&A team stakeholders to adopt data as part of their business and usual.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to audiences from fellow analysts to senior executive level
- Effective storyteller with an emphasis on visual best practices and discoverability
- Expert SQL (Postgres/Snowflake Preferred)
- History of working with or as a Business Analyst
- Record of preemptive communication and documentation strategies favoring self-service education
- Familiarity with our tech stack: Snowflake, DBT, Airflow, Tableau
- History of Query and Data Pipeline optimization
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional data modeling
- Experience working in modern ELT environments
- Code documentation best practices
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status