Senior Analytics Manager, Customer Content & Identity at Expedia Group
Expedia’s Analytics and Revenue Management group, ARM, partners with various organizations by analyzing business trends, deriving insights, and guiding management’s decision based on findings.
We are looking for an elite analytics professional with strong growth mindset and analytical skills to lead our customer content & identity analytics team. As the Sr. Analytics Manager, you will be working on our fast evolving content strategy and platforms, serving as the analytics expert, surfacing the signals in our data and transforming them into actionable insights to stimulate business growth and help craft the future of what we build at Expedia.
You will enjoy working with rich data sets and have the ability to see your ideas turned into real impactful actions on a regular basis. You are an exceptional and effective person who has a background in a quantitative field and has experience in using large datasets to make informed decisions. This person should excel in cross-functional teams and thrive in a dynamic organization, love the challenge of solving complex problems and always strive to do better, naturally curious and leave no stone unturned.
What You’ll Do:
- Inform, influence, and support decision-making for content and user identity platforms by using data mining, quantitative analysis and data science capabilities.
- You will serve as a trusted leader and partner, working collaboratively and proactively with teams to prioritize and optimize analysis and insights while maintaining regular communication to update partners on progress made on projects
- Function independently with little to no supervision, taking ownership of key analytical projects
- Make intelligent trade-offs between resources available and provide creative solutions to customers even in situations where all the desired data may or may not be available
- Responsible for developing and communicating business requirements to data management team in order to operationalize reporting and automate recurring analyses
- Effectively lead and motivate teams to continuously drive impact and develop more analytical skills
Who You Are:
- Experienced in leading a team and mentoring analysts
- 3-5 years of work experience doing quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- Advanced degrees in Statistics, Math, Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field
- You are highly proficient in SQL or other programming languages
- You are able to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with upper management
- Experience in applying statistics & modeling techniques (ex. Regressions, Time Series, Clustering, Factor Analysis) is strongly preferred
- Experience with large data sets through Qubole, R or Python is a plus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
LPS-ARM-NAExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.